Organization - National Disaster Risk Management Project
Closing date - 28/08/2020
National Disaster Risk Management Project of the Committee of Emergency situations and civil defense of the Republic of Tajikistan is seeking a high energy, creative and ambitious Monitoring and Evaluation professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Government of the Republic of Tajikistan has requested ADB assistance for a long term and sustainable solution to effectively manage the expected increased severity and frequency of disasters triggered by natural hazards in Tajikistan. The project will (i) support efforts of the government in mainstreaming disaster risk management (DRM) in development planning, and (ii) lay a foundation for establishing a sustainable institutional and financial mechanism that enables Tajikistan to effectively deal with disasters in the long-term.
Terms of Reference
The specialist will have at least Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject and experience of similar work on at least one project. Experience of ADB project(s) will be preferred.Staff will work undersupervision of the Project Manager/Head, PIG. Proficiency in written and spoken English/Tajik is must.
Gender and Social Development Specialistwill be responsible for:
- Ensure that capacity building programs, demonstration activities, any activities for outputs include all requirement to implement GAP;
- Undertake gender monitoring activities and prepare gender reports to be submitted to ADB.
- Ensure that GAP is updated as and when required;
- Provide technical inputs and advice to the PIG on relevant aspects of gender mainstreaming and women’s empowerment;
- Ensure that activities and assessments adequately take account of gender issues and support inclusion;
- Ensure adherence to ADB’s operational plan for gender equality and women's empowerment, and related policies;
- Support delivery of training; and
- Assist the ADB Missions, and provide inputs as required.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org